Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Flowers in Cambridge

JT brought up the other day that he's lived a couple of places where they say that if you don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes. Here, though, that's actually true. We will amass quite a collection of umbrellas, I am sure.

Today being a beautiful, sunny day, I decided to take a long walk on my way into the office. (Meetings and conference calls and such.) Also, yesterday the Cambridge Evening News ran a picture of crocuses blooming on the Backs. And finally, KB over at The Little Garden requested more veggie (in British, that's just veg) pics. Will flowers suffice? :)

Let's start with the tulips I bought on Monday for £1.75:

(After I took this picture, I changed the water and cut new ends. Two hours later, they were a wilty mess. Waaaah. Was I not supposed to do that?)









Then, oh, 150 yards or so from our flat, here are some daffodils in front of Parker's Piece:

(That style of bollard is supposedly unique to Cambridge - forged by the ironworks place here in town down on the river. Or so says the guy we sat next to at last week's wine tasting.)








Ah, some veg! Well, a broad shot, anyway. This is one of the larger produce stalls at the daily market.








Pretty! (I am going to opt not to identify anything, since I am very likely to be wrong.)











Hmm, this pic isn't very impressive when it's tiny. (Also note that it is no longer sunny. See note above re: changing weather.)












And finally, some daffodils with the world-famous King's College Chapel behind it. Get used to pictures of the chapel -- blog readers will see a lot of them. And it's worth it.








So there you have it! I'm not promising to honor (or rather, honour) all requests, but let us know what you're curious about!