Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Still Undefeated

Last night I got pulled over by the cops...but more on that later (tease).

The more important story is that yesterday Cambridge United continued its winning ways with a hard-fought 1-0 victory at home. It was the first night game KT and I attended and to add to the experience we rode our bikes to the game, stopping off beforehand at an English pub that serves great Thai food. The new home jerseys are finally on sale and they're very attractive except for the big purple "HAART" on the front. Besides being the team's sponsor HAART happens to be the real estate company we rented our house from--and we hate how their name ruins the look of the jersey. Maybe we'll just buy a United scarf.

Oh yea, the cops. Riding home on our bikes, a police car pulled up beside me and chastised me for not having a rear red light (I had one but no bracket to attach it). They let me off with a warning.--jt

p.s. Ow--every muscle in my body hates me. I just played soccer for the first time in over a year. It was just a pickup game for a team that plays in a Sunday league and that might need players. I don't think I'm good enough to qualify. I'm American after all. Ouch--please call a doctor.