Sunday, July 27, 2008

Crossing the finish line

We did it! Two DC Editors, 2 bikes, 55+ miles from London to Cambridge. It wasn't always fun, it was dang hard, and it actually hurts to lift my fingers to type this, but we also met some great people, and let me tell you, crossing that finish line was sweet, so sweet. Here, I'll share:



Finish line! from dceditors on Vimeo.

We were chatting with one of our friends recently and mentioned this ride. "Have you started doping?" she asked. In retrospect, that might not have been a bad idea. JT set his sights on this ride almost a year ago, but has more recently been put in jeopardy by the theft of my bike, the lack of preparedness that we probably should have had, and JT just coming off the D.L. with a wrenched back. All things considered, I'm darn proud of us, and I'm darn proud of John. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go take a handful of Advil and root around in the freezer for the best frozen vegetables to ice each joint. Any suggestions for the bicycle seat pain?