Thursday, December 4, 2008

Travel Maps

My family is using this Web site to add up who's been where. Cross-country road trips really add to the tally for U.S. states. Here's mine:


visited 35 states (70%)
Create your own visited map of The United States or try another Douwe Osinga project

I may have also been to Oklahoma and Kansas on a road trip from Texas to Wisconsin, but I'm not sure.

And here's my map for the world:


visited 15 states (6.66%)
Create your own visited map of The World or try another Douwe Osinga project

I can't get a map of just Europe, but I can tell you I've been to 13 European countries -- all but two of them in the last 12 months! On the one hand I'm quite proud of that; in fact, the agent at passport control last night (because of course I'm just back from Another Country) told me I need to get extra pages in my passport. On the other, I see the list of countries to check off and realize how many I *haven't* been to. It's a big, big world.