Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Minivan Madness

We rented a car the weekend before Thanksgiving so we could visit some Christmas craft markets outside Cambridge and do needed Thanksgiving shopping. Or at least we thought we rented a car, a VW Golf to be specific. So when KT and I walked into the rental company's parking lot and she said, "Oh no, I hope we didn't get that minivan", I quickly responded "No way".

Way.


If I have the numbers right, this is the 4th time out of 5 attempts, we've been "upgraded" because the company has so few automatics. The minivan barely fit into our driveway as you can see. It also wasn't the best timing as gas here finally rose above a British pound per liter (more than $8/gallon). I'm just glad we didn't drive far that weekend, although we still spent about $40 in gas.
-jt